Goto page 1, 2  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnowls
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:54 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi all

I am looking for a good book on no limit holdem, what would be peoples tips? I've been contemplating super system but have been put off by reviews which say it is very 'dated'

Many Thanks matty Very Happy
Steven Winstanley
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
it really depends on what level you're at m8. are just beginning or looking for more advanced stuff?
there's a few. harrington on holdem is a good one as is the raiser's edge. they're both strategy books.
if you're looking at live poker then i can't recommend phil helmuths read em and weep enough.
if you're looking for inspiration then there's only one one the market you should consider, devil fish: the life and times of a poker legend. hope this helps:)
mnowls
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:20 pm
ive been playing live 18 months now, and im trying to take it to the 'next level' i also play a bit of cash, i dont bother with online as much. i will have a look at them they seem really interesting cheers mate
Steven Winstanley
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:09 pm
mnowls wrote:
ive been playing live 18 months now, and im trying to take it to the 'next level' i also play a bit of cash, i dont bother with online as much. i will have a look at them they seem really interesting cheers mate

you want phil helmuths read em and weep.
or just look at joe navarro on you tube;)
Mikey Leonard
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 pm
Anything by Jonathan Little, the way he explains stuff is very in depth and easy to grasp.
gorilla G
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:40 pm
I have bought several books over the years and I have to give a thumbs up to Kill Everyone. It is for intermediate and advanced players. It is certainly the book that I have learned the most from and I have read it cover to cover many times.
pingupro
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:14 pm
You obviously have to buy Super System
JohnnySeaBet
Trips

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:00 am
NLHE Theory & Practice by David Sklansky & Ed Miller

For small buyin live tourneys, you might want to check out Arnold Snyder's books (Poker Tournament Forumula).

Can't go wrong with the Harrinton On Hold'em tournament books (Vol.1 & 2) for a decent foundation in which to work from.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 am
Super System STILL THE ultimate book. Dated never!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:36 am
Elements of Poker - Tommy Angelo
How to read hands at No limit holdem - Ed Millar
Reading Poker Tells - Zachary Ellwood

and for tournies
Kill Everyone - Nelson/Strieb/Heston (commentry by Elky)
d0nk3yplay
High Card

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:27 pm
reham
High Card

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:07 am
All rakeback payments to Hendon Mob players have been paid for this week. Payments are processed by Full Tilt Poker directly and usually get to accounts on Fridays although it has happened that payments have sometimes been done on a Saturday.
We provide fast success in [url=http://www.pass-4-sure.com/350-080-notes.html]ccna ccnp ccie[/url] dumps exam by using our high [url=http://www.pass-4-sure.com/CCIE-Security-tips.html]ccie lab dumps - Pass-4-sure[/url] 70-685 prep resources. We offer up-to-dated N10-004 & 117-202 [url=http://www.pass-4sure.me.uk/dumps/220-801.html]security plus study guide[/url] with definite guarantee of network+ training success.
Paweł Ciszecki
High Card

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:32 pm
Are anywhere any parts of these books to see them, and take an opinion about?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:06 pm
There are a few books I have read on NLHE. But Polished Poker by John Anhalt has helped me a lot to improve my skill in NLHE. They are going to make a free poker workbook by some quiz style training to measure our level which seems really good for the poker players.
jomshaper
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:48 pm
Poker by the Book is another amazing book I have read. I have found some good reviews on this book. It also helped me a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: