Goto page 1, 2  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Winstanley
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
so i've been a casual player online for over 5 years now. i've played all sorts of stakes/field sizes and to be quite honest i haven't really covered myself in glory. i know how to play winning poker, its in there, but i find i only ever play my best after a long break from the game. i'd class myself as a casual player, playing after a 12 hour shift and so on. then just before xmas i lost my job and now i find myself not being able to play poker as i can't afford to.
thats where i got the idea to start a little project. take $1 and see how long it takes me to get to a stage where i can earn a living off it. atm im playing ultra low stakes 25c 45plyr mtt's. what i want to know is how many buyins do i need to keep to "bankroll management" is 100 for tournies and 10 for cash or the other way round? i'm up to $9 atm from about 20 games but this buyin is really starting to get me down and i want to switch to $1 but not sure if i should have $10 or a $100 b4 i move up?
PokerWolf1
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
For large field mtts I think people say 100 buyins but for 45 player mtts I think you'll be fine with 30. I am terrible at bankroll management though and have never stuck to one.

Done well so far to turn the $1 into $9 it might be worth every so often of 'taking a shot' at a higher mtt to speed up the process but immediately step back down if it doesn't go to plan. Others on here will be able to advise you a lot better on BRM but all the best with your challenge and interested to see how you get on.
Steven Winstanley
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:36 pm
thanks m8 might give it shot. i know what you mean about bankroll management, i've never given it a thought. will have to now though:)
its killing me at this level. its much easier to win mind:) i've got a long way to go to get back the 2k i've invested/given away in the 5 years i've been playing online. at this rate i might break even around 2020 lol.
Steven Winstanley
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:47 pm
so i finished last night on around $9. i'd made a small profit on the day but i was happy as i was getting board with playing for the same poultry pot. so today i decided to play a few 90plyrs mtt 25c and a few 55c 500 plyrs cap as well as my standard 45 plyr 25c games. after about 10 games i was showing an 83c profit. pretty poor but a profit none the less. for my 11th game i played a 50c 500cap and won it, shooting my bank roll to a massive $54.88.
tomorrow i think i'll star playing $1 45peeps and allow myself 13 games b4 considering stepping back down in stake. if any one wants to track my progress then you can at officialpokerrankings.com my p.s.
name is mrstanley666. you can see what a shit player looks like;)
onwards and upwards.
PokerWolf1
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:26 pm
Nice one mate! 100k by the end oif the year? Very Happy
Steven Winstanley
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:38 pm
yeah right, my form tends to depart after a while. anyways, i got 12days of hm2 left on trial. been using it the last 2 weeks and i find it a massive help. god knows what will happen when it runs out. are there any frees ones out there (huds)
Rigsby
Forum Challenge Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:29 am
Steven Winstanley wrote:
yeah right, my form tends to depart after a while. anyways, i got 12days of hm2 left on trial. been using it the last 2 weeks and i find it a massive help. god knows what will happen when it runs out. are there any frees ones out there (huds)

im pretty sure that poker tracker 4 has a 1 month free trial too

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:45 am
Rigsby wrote:
Steven Winstanley wrote:

im pretty sure that poker tracker 4 has a 1 month free trial too

cheers m8, i spotted that last night. will be definitely using the trial. hopefully i can pay the $ for one of them after the trial period is over with winnings:)

new day today, i ended last night with $49.48 after playing a $1 45peeps and the big $4.40.
today i'll be concentrating on 55c 500cap. i recon 10 games@ a total cost of $5.50 i should be getting paid at least twice. so the target is 2 top ten finishes with at least 1 in the top 3. if i don't make the target i'll have a rethink for tomorrow and maybe drop back down to 45plyrs
Steven Winstanley
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:21 pm
yesterday was a complete disaster. played like a right moron. couldn't fold top pair, couldn't stop making hero calls. oh well, the damage when i finally stopped last night was $10 down for the day. had a great opportunity on a 55c 500cap when i was sitting in 4th with only 39 left. i was on bb withk7off and it came all the way round to the sb and he just flats. board comes down k58. he bets pot and my initial thought was wow, he's played 1 hand in 27 he's probably got it...... i ignored hm2 advice as i knew better. 2 more pot bets followed and eventually the cards were turned over and my instinct was right. that lost me 40k off the 60k i had. today is going to be all about discipline! start of the day $39.
JohnnySeaBet
Trips

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 am
As boring as it might be, I wouldn't take any shots at all & would stick to a max buyin of $1 (45's) & less if you get the urge to play an MTT.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:48 pm
JohnnySeaBet wrote:
As boring as it might be, I wouldn't take any shots at all & would stick to a max buyin of $1 (45's) & less if you get the urge to play an MTT.

i just worked out that at a cost of $20:( lesson learnt:) 2 disasterous days at the tables has seen me take a step back down from $1 to playing the 55c 500caps. the first payout starts at 99 and the play is terrible.
been doing this since 22/01/14 non stop but i'll be taking the weekend off. today, i've gone back to basics and played one game at a time. its worked really well. made a lot less mistakes and final tabled a 50c 500capped. in fact i've made 4 payouts today from 5 tournies and im in my 5th payout right now sitting pretty. im going to stick to the one game now but im not ready for the step up to $1...just yet:)
Steven Winstanley
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:51 am
scrap what i said yesterday about not playing $1. i'll allow myself just 1 $1 game a day from now on until my bank rolls a bit bigger. and the occasional big $2.20.
last day today until monday. i finished last night with $48 in my account and $10 which i'd transferred early yesterday in my fulltilt acc. so $58 at the start of today. thats $57 profit. urrgh. its a start.
PokerWolf1
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:37 pm
Its a good profit mate considering what your playing at. I don't think there anything wrong with taking a shot as long as that is all it is. A 'one off' when you are running well and step down when you are not. You know you can beat the $.55 level so only takes a nice hit in one of these $2k GTD $1 tournaments or whatever for you to be taking shots at the big $4.4 etc and you never know then.

Good luck mate.
Steven Winstanley
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:43 pm
cheers mr wanderer, see what i did there. boing boing;)
PokerWolf1
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:22 pm
Steven Winstanley wrote:
cheers mr wanderer, see what i did there. boing boing;)

Haha you're not..... are you? lol Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: