View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Should I fold here? I'm pretty sure I'm ahead based on the behaviour of the players. I'm certain I'm ahead of the caller of my bet on the flop. The one who went all-in was an obvious nob and probably on a draw or A8 or A6, I thought.

The cards turn over and yes, I am ahead, 65% + favourite, I think. And, of course, I lose.

I seem to be in this situation a lot and lose a lot. I am getting very frustrated as the stats don't seem to be happening to me in reality. I'm losing when I'm ahead more than is expected.

But should I have folded? Should I be waiting to have a lock on the hand? Should I only be committing my stack when I have some or more drawing outs?

Was the play of Gildenhaus2 acceptable? Is that LAG approach good play? (He went out about a dozen hands later having made a terrible call with 2nd pair on a wet, Ace-high board.)

I don't think I'm doing much wrong but I'm not getting anywhere!
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Would also be interested to know what people think of my bet sizing before and after the flop.

Thanks
Marcus6
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:18 pm
seem like the line most would take mate, just a cooler/bad beat thats all,

I had a hand today, 4 callers limp i get QQ so i open jam for 8K Blinds 200/400 and everyone fold apart from BB and he has be coved , he snap calls with A3 , A hits flop, not much you can do about it just have to take it! but make sure you make a note of it on the player and move on! Rolling Eyes
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:19 pm
No
Pizzicato
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:16 pm
Never folding at the stakes this appears to be at...

If somehow (REALLY unlikely) this happened in a 109+ I would fold without giving it too much thought tho
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:51 pm
It was in a $50 partypoker $10,000 Gtd Super Bounty ($24.25 bounty). Fortunately I won one bounty so I only lost half the buy-in.

I take your point about the higher buy-ins. Last weekend I played the mini-FTOPS 2-dayer ($215) and cashed but I went out there with JJ<66 (AIPF, he 3-bet me all-in) when my Polish opponent (who had 133% of my stack, roughly) runner-runnered a diamond flush Shocked Apart from that horror the tourn had a totally different feel with much less crazyness. It was easier to play in than a lot of tourns because you could see a methodology in each player; but I think I was lucky with the table draws as some of the players were too predictable and tight.

Yesterday I did a bankroll nightmare and played in The Sunday Brawl. That was very, very hard with most of my C-bets check-raised and I was put under severe pressure if I checked the turn or river when I had the betting lead. Not much 4-betting pre-flop, though. I ran like my old Vauxhall Chevette used to run and was outplayed quite a bit too, I think Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: