View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poker Jon
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Puke spot - thoughts on Fold, Call, Shove?

Rush Poker 0.25/0.50 - 6 handed. I don't run Hud as I don't play often enough. I have $100 and villain has $60. CAn't recall any big hands with villain.

I minraise UTG with 33, SB calls and away we go.

Ac4c3s flop.

Villain checks, I bet $1.50 he min raise, I 3-bet to $5.50 he calls. Pot $14

Turn 6h

He checks, I bet $8, he calls - Pot $30

River 8s

He checks, I bet $14, he insta min-raises.

Thoughts - fold, call, shove?
TheBlueBoy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Deffo not folding. AA don't make sense surely, 44 is possible but wouldn't he try to get it in on the flop. Missed flush draw? 2 pair hands (Ax) have got to be in his range and seem most likely given the pre flop call, and the flop action. 25 and 57 unless they are suited but really? 66 and 88 along with the ruled out AA are the only other hands beating us. I'm calling. How did it play out?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:35 pm
sounds like 6 8 of clubs. puke call
StGilmore
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:57 pm
darrensprengers wrote:

caveats: I'm just off a 9 hour graveyard shift and I don't have enough fresh veg in my diet

Why 6 8 and why puke? (true query) He's a habit min-raiser, at least in this hand, apart from the flop. Our bets are conservative enough and we raised UG so he's wicked unlikely to put us on a set I think and I've a strong feeling he just doesn't believe us at all. Anyway, I'd call too since I peg it as too likely we could be ahead to fold for this amount.

p.s. shoulda just quoted Blue for some of this as he put it quite clearly

http://midlifepoker.blogspot.com/
http://outthescammers.blogspot.com/
TheBlueBoy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:10 pm
StGilmore wrote:
darrensprengers wrote:

caveats: I'm just off a 9 hour graveyard shift and I don't have enough fresh veg in my diet

Why 6 8 and why puke? (true query) He's a habit min-raiser, at least in this hand, apart from the flop. Our bets are conservative enough and we raised UG so he's wicked unlikely to put us on a set I think and I've a strong feeling he just doesn't believe us at all. Anyway, I'd call too since I peg it as too likely we could be ahead to fold for this amount.

That's a first!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:00 pm
StGilmore wrote:
darrensprengers wrote:

he calls the flop which is highlt waited towards draw, he calls the turn with should require a pair and draw and the min raise on the river is definitley a made hand of two pair and above.
he could of played a set for min value or got stubborn with a pair of 88 and hit the promised land but those are so badly played that it feels like he is drawing and surprised himself by rivering a good hand.
on the off chance he is even mildly conscious of range balancing you have to call but you never win these.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:02 pm
hang on we have 33. i was convinced we had Ax.
i would raise all in
MattF
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:18 am
Online I might just fold it and move on but live I'd probably need to be shown the 5 Clubs 7 Clubs
Daniel
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:48 am
Looks like a bluff to me.

He could have got very lucky, but I would need to see it before I believe it.

I see to many weird donkey plays on rush to ever fold this.

I would call, I wouldnt raise as I see it unlikely he calls unless he did get lucky. And, by just calling you get to see his hand, so you can make some future notes on what he had and how he played it, if you want.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:09 pm
Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

I called and he showed 44. I seriously considered folding - it just felt like value town to me. Interestingly no one advocated a fold, but thinking about the hand I think a fold here could be a bit easier to find. The only problem with folding is that you suddenly become exploitable, but given the size of pool of players etc you would need a lot of hands for someone to pick up on this.

Daniel - funny that I rarely see river raises in biggish pots after the type of action we have had. I think a high proportion of the time, this is a big hand. Maybe 7c5c could also have been in his range here.

Darren - I really wouldn't se many people re-raising with 2 pair after my 3-bet flop bet. I definitely think a shove is -ve over the course of time. You'll never be called at these limits with worse and because I think given the action, we are rarely going to see a 2pair type hand.

As ever thanks for your thoughts, I might be playing some live cash and tourneys this weekend, so will post any interesting hands.
Crushinator
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:43 pm
Surely you cannot fold a set there? True he could have a straight but the price you are getting is too good to pass up since the only hands that are beating you weren't clearly represented, smells like busted clubs to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: