View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I think shoving is my only option here? I can't fold to a min raise, re-raising requires me to put in too much of my stack, so I will end up putting them all in anyway, so calling seems to be the only other option? But that seems way to weak. Is pushing the correct move, and I just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
What's wrong with making a normal raise of 1000-1200?
Daniel
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:16 am
I can't raise to 1,000, because someone has already min raised. So the minimum I can raise to is 1,200. If I do that, he would surely call with anything. Also, the hand replayer seems to have forgotten about the antes, so there are even more chips in the pot. Just seems, that if I want to put in a re-raise, where he might actually fold, I will need to bet at least 2K, which would be between 25% and 30% of my stack, and leave me with 13big blinds, if he shoves, and I fold. Which with antes in play, really isn't very great.

But with my shove and his call, I actually ended up 50/50ish, to getting back to an average sized stack, and some chips to play with.

I am assuming you fold, if you re-raise and he shoves? What would you re-raise too, would you do the minimum 1,200 or a bit more? Do you c-bet the flop if he checks and you miss? And if so, how much?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:24 pm
Oh I'm sorry I didn't play the hand through and see the initial raise. Re-raising and shoving are both fine here I think.

Quote:
I am assuming you fold, if you re-raise and he shoves?

Why would you assume that? Of course I'm not folding.
Pizzicato
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:21 am
Shoving here 9 times out of 10... Only folding if OR is a complete nit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: