View previous topic :: View next topic  
smoothcallz
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Spoiler:
Basically i wanted a shove from a shorter stack. wolves 3 bets and zeb flats.... hero?
i check the flop hoping for a shove from wolves but his sizing of his cbet and zebs flat rings alarms..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I thought you had something like that although I must admit I thought it was the other way round and Zeb had the JJ and you 88/smaller pair.

Great fold mate. I thought I would take my chances and try and keep you both in the hand by not shoving either pre or on the flop.

In hindsight if I did make the shove maybe you both call. Interesting hand for sure.
smoothcallz
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:37 am
I thought zeb was stronger than he was, after all he is a nit Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:37 am
I thought zeb was stronger than he was, after all he is a nit Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:08 pm
I would be reraising preflop to try to buy the button and put pressure on the early position raiser. There's a 50:50 chance of a flop overcard, so try not to let it happen.

When the 88 just calls the 2k reraise, I would reraise
When the flop comes as it does, I would bet
When the button bets the flop and there is a flat I would reraise

This is mainly because of the stack sizes - the button may have you beaten (KK isn't that likely) and the 88 hand seems committed now. Your fold is obviously the right play, but not sure if it's +ve?

DISCLAIMER: I don't play Holdem much so this is all probably 100% without merit Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:15 pm
3 bet and call. if zeb 4 bets its a little polarizing and i might find a fold as the last time he 4 bet it would of been a IV bet.
PokerWolf1
Quads

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:37 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
3 bet and call. if zeb 4 bets its a little polarizing and i might find a fold as the last time he 4 bet it would of been a IV bet.

Mr. Green
Pizzicato
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:38 am
Easy 3bet spot there and not folding to anyone other than gemixx who I may fold to if nitty/tight etc. As played I am never peeling a 5x 3b from a 15bb stack either, just get the chips in already lol.

I dont even want to say what I would do on the flop at this point because its just too batshit now but I cannot imagine much worse than check folding there
smoothcallz
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:05 pm
they were all fecking nits lol!! I was playing something like 24/21/18/9.. and 3betting the shit out of most opens..
in general I would make this a standard 3 bet but felt like mixing it up a bit and as stated hoped for a shorter stack shove..
insta call obv.. I actually tanked the flop before folding too

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:28 pm
WHO THE HELL SET MINES WITH JJ!!

I like your flat on first raise in Position . when button re-raises and OR calls...I jam there...Its not even half your stack to compete against both of them..

You fold to a 2.1k bet into 6k with JJ on a 10 9 9 board - WTF!! That is beyond bad for me. - I hate everything about the way you played it apart form your very first flat call.

You can t be results orientated and be happy even if he did show KK
smoothcallz
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:04 pm
I think ppl r missing what ive said throughout.. I wanted a jam behind my flat pf.. on the flop I check to wolves hoping he JAMS!.. I wanted the chips to go in!!! the fact that they didnt and he sized it as he did and then zeb flats on top of this leads me to the only conclusion that I was beat.. I wasnt set mining pre which I find a ridiculous statement tbf altho I do agree flatting was a mistake on my part over shoving..
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: