View previous topic :: View next topic  
flaminglip
Flush

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm going to be in Macau for a few days next week and also later in November, and planning on playing some poker. Just wondered if anyone has been there recently and has any tips on best places to play?

Currently, I'm thinking of playing the $500HKD and / or $1000HKD tournaments at the Pokerstars room at City of Dreams - does anyone have any ideas how many runners they normally get, level of play etc? Any other tips for tournaments?

How about low limit cash games (NLH and PLO)? Any tips for the best places to play? I hear the pickings aren't as easy as they used to be.

Any tips greatly appreciated!
S1THL0RD
Trips

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:08 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I'm going to be in Macau from 7th - 11th November and am also interested in any tips on poker in Macau or Macau in general.

The Asia championship of poker runs until Nov 3rd and that is disrupting the normal daily schedule:

http://www.pokerstarsmacau.com/tournaments/

I read that the tournaments generally get 20-30 runners. You can buy in online via pokerstars, which saves having to carry as much cash.

It seems like cash games below 25/50 HKD (approx. 2/4) are very thin on the ground. However there are now some electronic tables which go down to 10/20 HKD. This 2+2 thread has more details:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/200...488/index291.html
flopsy
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:48 pm
I've played the cash there before, which correlates with what the other guy said, about 2/4 - but had to wait a long, long time for my seat as there was limited tables and the action wasn't what I was hoping for it to be.

From what I saw, the games are more suited to the higher stakes - even though I consider 2/4 as reasonable sized stakes in cash games, I couldn't help but feel like a bit of a pauper whilst out in Macau! There's two places to play, Star World and Venetian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: