Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
barmybadger
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on islam and reason for leaving but its off topic.
Mobster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Blimey.
A lot has happened here since last I looked. Stowjon, I'm pleased to know you are not a racist.
If you read my post you'll see that I didn't out and out say you were, but I certainly read your second sentence in the way everyone else seems to have read it. I'm glad that's not what you meant.

You started a thread entitled 'Racist or not?' I understood that you were specifically inviting opinions on whether the actions of those landlords and estate agents were racist (they were) and whether your own post was racist (it seemed to be.)

I thought I was responding to your question. 'Is this racist?'
The questions of whether someone has a right to be racist in their own home, and by extension whether a privately owned house offered for rent to the general public should be considered 'their own home' in that context, are separate. I addressed those too.

Of course it is upsetting to be called a racist when you're not. But if you say something apparently racist, and seem to define someone else's racism as acceptable. Then ask the question 'racist or not?' You are likely to be upset by the response.

Apologies if I misunderstood.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:16 pm
Barny wrote:
Blimey.
Apologies if I misunderstood.

accepted and returned for calling you a naughty horrible word Embarassed
X
Quads

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:57 pm
Possibly time to close this thread on a high?

I am sure Jon is not a racist btw... and he does put up very well with a lot of ginger jokes Mr. Green
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:33 pm
stowjon wrote:
just read this and im not rascist but i do agree with home owners being ablebto discriminate against people in their properties.
When i rented out our 2nd house i said no DSS which to me is the same as saying no blacks but it was my property so my choice.

opinions

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013...bbc-investigation

No you are not a racist.

An extremely annoying person who usually thinks they are smart and/or funny, but is actually very stupid.
PokerSensation
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:36 pm
You have to laugh at white Brits.

They are the only people on earth who for whatever reason, are obsessed with race. They usually throw insults around like 'you're racist' and all the white people get on their hands and knees to prove they aren't! It is like, such an amazingly big deal to them.

I have traveled all over the world and they are the only ones on the planet obsessed with all this.

Bizarre people, weird and bizarre.
PokerSensation
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:37 pm
oops, was that racist?

I don't give a damn, I'm not a chinless wonder white Brit!
PokerSensation
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:38 pm
Barny wrote:
Stowjon, I'm pleased to know you are not a racist.

I am sure he is pleased and it means a lot to him.

Oh wait, yes it does!

LOOOOOOL!

Mr. Green
Barny
Mobster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:51 pm
PokerSensation wrote:

I have traveled all over the world and they are the only ones on the planet obsessed with all this.

I can think of several continents and at least two hemispheres you obviously haven't traveled widely in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:57 pm
Barny wrote:
PokerSensation wrote:

I can think of several continents and at least two hemispheres you obviously haven't traveled widely in.

My ultimate point is that people should not be judged upon race. Whether someone does is up to them. However, it is government policy in the UK to judge someone on their race. The idea of positive discrimination (which clearly discriminates against some people due to their race) is racist. The idea of racism to make things less racists is ludicrous!
paddymick
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:44 pm
It's racist to instruct an estate agent to not rent out your house to black people. It's wrong for the estate agent to agree. I don't see how this point was ever up for question.
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:55 pm
paddymick wrote:
It's racist to instruct an estate agent to not rent out your house to black people. It's wrong for the estate agent to agree. I don't see how this point was ever up for question.

I am a white English male with many black and asain friends if i tell an estate agent i dont want my house rented to a white family am i racist?
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:00 pm
paddymick wrote:

I am a white English male with many black and asain friends if i tell an estate agent i dont want my house rented to a white family am i racist?
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:01 pm
stowjon wrote:
paddymick wrote:

YES. FFS
barmybadger
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:07 pm
do you even know what racism is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: