View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:59 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi all.

I've had a few bets today for anyone that's interested -

Venezuela to beat Paraguay - 12 points @ 1.91 (Pinnacle)

Venezuela are still in with a (faint) shot at the play off spot for qualification and know that to stand any chance of getting in, they must win this game. Uruguay and Ecuador play each other today and they are fighting it out for the last automatic spot. Ecuador are a fantastic home side which means if they beat Uruguay, then Uruguay have to get a point from their last home game against Argentina which wouldn't be certain. The bottom line is, if Venezuela win this game they can go level on points with either Ecuador or Uruguay with both having awkward last games - they are going to go all out for a convincing win.

It also helps that Paraguay have got a number of players out and are terrible travellers with nothing to play for.

I like this bet A LOT hence the stake.

Switzerland to beat Albania - 5 points @ 17/20 (Paddy Power)

Switzerland are a better side with a better manager who are unbeaten so far in the group and seal qualification with a win (although realistically a draw will mean they are there too) I like this not so much because for the qualification angle but because of the additional motivation for them a number of the Swiss squad qualified to play for Albania but chose to play for Switzerland so they are going to want to prove their point. I wouldn't be surprised to see bookings kick off in this one for that reason but I like the straight Swiss win as the best play.

Estonia v Turkey over 2.5 goals - 5 points @ 2.04 (SBOBET)

Turkey are going to be flying with the news that they have re-appointed Fatih Terim to manage the national side. They are going to be going all out for the win especially as they're only a point behind Hungary for 2nd position with the possibility of a play off place. They are still terrible at the back though and Estonia have some very quick and incisive counter attackers who I fully expect to score at least once. This game could honestly go either way but I do fancy there to be goals and at odds against, I'm all over 2.5 goals.

Sweden v Austria over 2.5 goals - 5 points @ 1.92 (SBOBET)

Another massive game. Austria are 3 points behind Sweden in the table but they have a game against the Faroe Islands coming up whereas Sweden's last game is against Germany (although whether Germany would want to do Austria a favour by taking points off Sweden is open to debate !) The bottom line is that Sweden are going to want to win this game to sew up the 2nd place and Austria are excellent going forwards. Austria won the reverse fixture 2-1 and I definitely see both sides scoring. If it's 1-1 then Sweden will push forwards for a winner. Either they'll score it or they'll leave themselves open at the back for a counter and Austria score. Bottom line is I fully expect this to have at least 3 goals.
barmybadger
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
i assume you will not be posting your tips anymore on the forum now that you have joined betting emporium
Quads

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:39 pm
Hi mate

Sorry - have been all over the shop at work so hadn't given it proper thought. For those that hadn't seen it, I've posted a couple of times on Betting Emporium but Joe and I haven't discussed how regular it may or may not become... probably need to have some winners first !

This is the link for today - http://www.bettingemporium.com/tips/index/11

I've also had 5 points on the Netherlands to win @ 2.71 (Pinnacle) and 8 points on Ghana to beat Egypt @ 1.826 (Pinnacle)

I really fancy that Netherlands will win tonight (they beat Romania and Hungary 1-4 in their away games against them) and with Turkey having to push for a win, I just see the Netherlands tearing them apart. Motivation shouldn't be an issue due to the seeding battle so getting nearly 7/4 on them to win is huge.

The basic rule of thumb in Africa is that the home side normally wins ! In a 2 legged playoff then Ghana know that they have to take a lead into the 2nd leg and they have some fantastic players. Egypt are not as good as they were and Ghana should really win this first leg convincingly. I was tempted to handicap them but getting 4/5 or higher for the straight win is huge.
fuzzydunlop85
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:53 pm
Great tipping brodders wish I'd seen this earlier could have got a few beer tokens for the IPO!
mbetter95
High Card

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:00 am
Hey Nemesis........would you be happy getting AVB????
*Yes*
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:45 pm
Someone pass the salt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: