Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:47 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Turned 50 this past week and shifting his whole operation to The Champions (senior) tour in the USA.
Been stagnating on the European tour keeping his game ticking over waiting for this birthday and still regularly making cuts giving up 50 yards to people half his age weekly.
This man won 8 order of merits on the European tour and was the guvnor in his prime in the early 90s.
He will be a force on this tour over the next 2 years when, just age wise he will have an edge over a big % of the field ( most who go over compete at the sharp end purely because of age)
Now is the time to get backing him regularly as his price will shorten tournament by tournament he started this week in his first event (Senior Players championship) at a MASSIVE 29/1 with 365 which over the coming weeks is just way way way to big 1/4 odds top 5 once he makes the transition...and definately one to follow this season ...He WILL win tournaments on this tour and is MASSIVELY + EV at these prices
Im going to back him EW each week this season if there is a market and ill post how he does and how im doing..gl me gl Monty

10 EW with 365 @29/1
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
So long as you don't back him in any seniors majors amirite?
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:23 pm
lol, yeah he couldnt seem to get over the line in a major could he
hopefully he cops for a Senior "major"
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:03 am
Tied 9th 3 shots off the EW money.
A treble bogey 7 on a driveable par 4 in round 2 where hes obviously pulled the big stick out and found trouble has cost us some EW money.
All in all not the worst first outing. Finished with a closing 65
Onwards an upwards to the Senior US Open July 11th-14th
Hopefully the USGA will set the course up with a premium on straight driving and harsh rough like the regular tour.
No prices on offer as yet
total - 20
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:15 pm
Took the 28/1 on offer

10ew @ 28/1 1/4 odds top 5 with skybet

current total - 40
TheBlueBoy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:10 am
Had a quick scan at the RP today, think they put him up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:22 pm
Seems a bit inconsistent at the moment.
Hard courses used to be his forte
In Gt Yarmouth with the wife and kids saw he was decently positioned after rnd 1
but seems to have gone wobbly since
In it for the rest of season imo just too classy not to bag a tournie or two on this tour
fingers crossed time will tell
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:23 pm
Seems a bit inconsistent at the moment.
Hard courses used to be his forte
In Gt Yarmouth with the wife and kids saw he was decently positioned after rnd 1
but seems to have gone wobbly since
In it for the rest of season imo just too classy not to bag a tournie or two on this tour
fingers crossed time will tell
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:46 pm
T30..seemed very inconsistent
Current total - 40
next event is The Senior British Open at Birkdale
25th-28th July
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:27 pm
The Seniors move onto Royal Birkdale this week for their Open.
This is a "proper" golf course which is still on the main Open rosta.
Monty is priced up as skinny as he can be on recent form for this due to the fact alot of the Americans just cant adapt to links style golf and also, im presuming hes spent a lifetime playing links golf, i still think its as short a price as he can be considering his first 3 senior tour outings.
Anyway with extensive coverage on Sky this week, itll be good enjoyable to watch some legends with a home crowd cheering

12.50 EW with Betvictor @20/1 ..1/4 odds top 5

current total - 65
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:08 am
Doing ok but 8 off the lead.
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:47 pm
Indestructible wrote:
Doing ok but 8 off the lead.

Yep, T13th going into the final round..a little too far back now but an outside shot of catching an ew place with a good round.
Watched alot of him over the last 3 days and hes not a million miles away just really needs to sharpen up from 70 yards in.
Saying that i dont think anyone would have/will touch Langer this week hes been awesomly professional, only dropped 4 shots in 3 rounds.
Around that golf course its a remarkable performance
TheBlueBoy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 am
Toying with diving up there to catch the last few hours, if I can find someone to play out with.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:26 pm
T21st..didnt really get into contention
current total - 65
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:35 pm
Senior Tour moves onto Blaine Minnesota for The 3M Championship
54 hole event won last year by Langer who isnt defending this week probably due to the fact hes still hanging from a Scottish Lighthouse somewhere.

Perfectly clear from watching last week Monty needs to work on his wdge down to putter.

Best on offer is Bet365 @ 30/1

10 EW @ 30/1....1/4odds top 5

current total - 85
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: