View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbie
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Can a European win the claret jug this year ?

Justin Rose must be chomping at the bit to get at this course.

Westwood will be there abouts,but wont be able to hole anything from inside 5 feet when he needs to.

G Mac has just hit a bit of form winning recently...

Me personally i cant see past Mickelson,just won the Scots open,he must be up for this one...

Who's your money on ?
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Can you alter your title to "The Open golf" please Mr. Green

This year is all about Henrik Stensen.
I've bet on him for our open and the Masters for the last 7 years and he aint been worth a piss.
This time though, I feel it..
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 pm
Imo there's some value in taking Faldo @ 6.2 with betfair to make the cut.
Not played a competitive round in 2 years or so but the way he was speaking on the BBc website, hes been working hard and thinks the cut is a realistic target
Hes not the type of guy to go out there and make himself look stupid nor does he need to
and he certainly knows how to play links golf...6.2 the cut has some value imo

Other bets for me Branden Grace ew @ 66/1 and Jason Day ew @ 33/1
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
wicklowp
Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 am
Rory and Tiger both to miss the cut @25's might just give backers a nice sweat Smile
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:38 am
Well, will Lee do it??
shAAAArkbait
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:54 am
ReggieK wrote:
Well, will Lee do it??

Lets hope so, he's in a great position and playing well. Still gonna be tough tho.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:26 pm
Gotta take our hats off to Phil Mickelson - the guy is a seriously good player. Westwood must be getting sick of him. First a ridiculous shot from the pine needles at the masters, and now a super surge on the back 9 here.

I still think Lee will win one.
robbie
Full House

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:51 pm
Poker Jon wrote:
Gotta take our hats off to Phil Mickelson - the guy is a seriously good player. Westwood must be getting sick of him. First a ridiculous shot from the pine needles at the masters, and now a super surge on the back 9 here.

He's a choker,you can put you're house on him being right in the mix but you know he's going to come up short.

Another Monty if you ask me,will never win one.
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:23 am
I think thats the key word here "WIN"one
A major you have to go out and grasp it down the stretch...Mickelson a key example today
I think Westwoods problem is hes too wrapped up in trying not to "lose" one.
Hes contended enough times in these to show hes more than talented enough to put himself in a position to win, but in a major thats simply not enough with the level of player you're going to have around you coming down the stretch.
He just keeps himself in contention hoping eventually itll happen, at this level, it simply wont
8 top 3 finishes prove that
Mentally hes not strong enough to hold the field off at this level, hes not a woods or faldo.
Many a worse player than Westwood has won a major who have just seized the moment, said to themselves...i may never get this shot again...today...im the man
I sincerely hope he does win one but thats just me, i wanted Bruno to win a world title
Sadly its only gonna get harder from here on in, age is slowly beating him each chance that goes by
Pssst, Lee...if you get another chance at a major,...go WIN it, stop pissing about just doing enough...seize the day man!
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
Dall Sun
Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 pm
robbie wrote:
Poker Jon wrote:

He's a choker,you can put you're house on him being right in the mix but you know he's going to come up short.

Another Monty if you ask me,will never win one.

That's what everyone said about Mickelson before he won his first major
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:31 am
ReggieK wrote:
Can you alter your title to "The Open golf" please Mr. Green

This year is all about Henrik Stensen.
I've bet on him for our open and the Masters for the last 7 years and he aint been worth a piss.
This time though, I feel it..

I weren't far off Mr. Green
Bloody Lee though, he played like a pansy. Everytime I saw him he was in the bunker Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: