Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:37 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Nem wrote:
Checkov wrote:

Anti manu/spurs

Decent effort.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:09 pm
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:12 pm
For me it comes down to Spurs losing 1-0 at home to Fulham. Spurs beat them 3-0 at Fulham and then mess it up at home.
Although have to give credit to Wenger for a great run at the end of the season.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:25 pm
Indestructible wrote:
For me it comes down to Spurs losing 1-0 at home to Fulham. Spurs beat them 3-0 at Fulham and then mess it up at home.
Although have to give credit to Wenger for a great run at the end of the season.

they had a chance to go second and should of been comfortably in the champions league spots. massive choking this year. well done bale for showing up for a goal on the last day of the season.
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm
Playing in the Europa League is a distinct disadvantage especially when you play close to a full-strength side.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:42 pm
Strength in depth. Ade was injured/out of form for most of the season. Kaboul who walks into most teams in the world was injured the whole season and now looks perm-crocked as we're looking to buy a new CB. The one position I was quite happily get a minor injury to was DCM but Parker has shown that he is no longer good enough for a club trying to make top 4.

I honestly thought we would finish top 6 at the beginning of the season, so kinda gutted that the season has ended like this. I'm very disappointed with the chairman loaning out players who could have played in the Europa or first team like Townsend and Rose, but instead we played full strength vs inter Milan being 3-0 up and that match went to extra time and we scraped through on the away goals. Our next match was at home to Fulham and we all know the result.

I'm happy that we pushed the two other big London clubs who have over double our financial resource all the way to the final game of the season.

At Darren: Bale won every individual honour he could have won this season and scored 21 goals in the league and 11 of those were from outside the area - not even Ronaldo with Tevez and Rooney around him did this. And we never won a single penalty all season,...
Rigsby
Forum Challenge Champion

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:13 pm
Nem wrote:
Strength in depth. Ade was injured/out of form for most of the season. Kaboul who walks into most teams in the world was injured the whole season and now looks perm-crocked as we're looking to buy a new CB. The one position I was quite happily get a minor injury to was DCM but Parker has shown that he is no longer good enough for a club trying to make top 4.

I honestly thought we would finish top 6 at the beginning of the season, so kinda gutted that the season has ended like this. I'm very disappointed with the chairman loaning out players who could have played in the Europa or first team like Townsend and Rose, but instead we played full strength vs inter Milan being 3-0 up and that match went to extra time and we scraped through on the away goals. Our next match was at home to Fulham and we all know the result.

I'm happy that we pushed the two other big London clubs who have over double our financial resource all the way to the final game of the season.

At Darren: Bale won every individual honour he could have won this season and scored 21 goals in the league and 11 of those were from outside the area - not even Ronaldo with Tevez and Rooney around him did this. And we never won a single penalty all season,...

What are your thoughts on AVB?
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:28 am
Rigsby wrote:
Nem wrote:

What are your thoughts on AVB?

When you read United fans wanting him to succeed SAF in the same breath as Mourinho, Kloop, Guardiola means that he's a very good manager. Hopefully he'll stay a long time.
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:31 am
I owe you money again, don't I? How much and sent where?
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:51 am
Nem wrote:

LOL at Kaboul comment. Made me spit my tea out

Bale had better check his passport is in date for his "holiday" to Madrid in a couple of weeks.
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:16 am
A bit tough IMO to say Spurs choked......you have to give them credit for finishing on their best points total which is 72pts.

However an interesting dynamic is at work here because for me the key issue is not just the points totals but the points totals compared to the net spend. The fact that the team that came 5th ended up on 72pts is bad news for the rest of the league.

The top seven this year in the Prem amassed 511 pts.......last year it was 502......I went back through the previous years and in 2004-05 the top seven amassed 487pts while in 2000-2001 it was only 471pts.

When you look at the league table this season and WBA finished 8th but only had 49pts. This means that the dividing line between lower top half and relegation is very thin and for any side to get 50pts in the Prem now who isn't a big established club is going to be tough.

So the extra points that the top clubs are picking up basically means it is going to be tough for any side to stay in the Prem long term and all it takes is one indifferent season and down you go.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:18 pm
New England shirt

Old German shirt

Rolling Eyes
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:54 pm
maybe we will get their results
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:31 pm
Seb wrote:
I owe you money again, don't I? How much and sent where?

I have a few season bets on going, not sure what our bet was?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 65 of 69

Jump to: