Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 85, 86, 87  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puma
Trips

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Still coming to terms with this guys play.

smoothcallz
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Its almost like he just knows it's coming and he's just milking you for every chip that you

own..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Was at about 12th out of the remaining 140 players in the 7500 ppl tournament (150$ free roll) ...

And this happened ... Two hands later set of aces went down ... And was out in 2 minutes ...

Seriously, WTF?

Btw, Please let me know If i did anything wrong there ...
pembo
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:20 pm
PLO8? I wouldn't have been involved preflop personally, unless you had some reads on the table.

Similarly, I wouldn't play villain's hand.

On the flop, villain has no reason to fold. He has over pair (doesn't mean much in Omaha, I know, but if you play micro limits you'll understand.) but he's got 2nd nut flush draw and an inside straight, I would call the c-bet in villain's case.

Checking the turn makes you look weak, I understand you are probably trying to get value on the river, but you are showing him a free card when you have the nuts. Continue the c-bets.

He hits the river, and it sucks to be you.
rachit_legend
High Card

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:47 pm
The reason I checked on the turn was that I wanted him to hit his flush / straight draw ... And as the flush didnt hit, I suspected he had hit the straight and was moving all in to get me to cal with AQ or trip nines or may be even with AA ...

The guy had been quite passive but was raising very much near the cut off ... other wise he/she seemed liked a rather TAG player ...

Still, 2 hands later, set of aces got brutally murdered again, and this time no slow playing ;(
smoothcallz
Straight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:58 pm
I donr really play omaha or plo8. (which was it btw?) (im assuming omaha hi)

BUt if my opinion was worth anything id say..

.dont raise pre flop there.!! play a flop..

.dont gay raise to 6000 OOP.if you still choose to raise.. with tht many limpers

nobody is folding to that small bet and your hand is not that strong in a muliti way pot.

As for post flop i agree with pembo. dont check, value bet each street here...ppl WILL

CALL in these freerolls .. all the way! <<<

my 2 drunken cents anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:11 am
If you're going to raise pre make it bigger. I'd bet full pot on the flop into a draw heavy board and again on the turn. UL.
rachit_legend
High Card

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:59 pm
It was Omaha Hi ...

And, Yes, I realise I tried to slow play it a li'l too much ...
And in the end, it came back to bite my a*s ...

Still, FFS, HE HIT HIS F***ING 2 OUTTER x-(
hackett
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Jackdaw wrote:
If you're going to raise pre make it bigger. I'd bet full pot on the flop into a draw heavy board and again on the turn. UL.

^^^This

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:54 pm
The 'kid' is trying to steal, can slightly understand that.
Your hand is a nobrainer.
The 'moron' has a hand worth going all in with, maybe not if there are 2 other all-ins before you, but since you've already committed 20% of your stack, you might as well shove. Plus, you're getting great pot odds!

EDIT: Apparently, A8o is 40% favourite against two hands, he got his money in good.
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:02 pm
A8 against 1010 and 4/6 is only 25% to win the pot
pembo
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:07 pm
You have to take the odds BEFORE the hands are turned over, since you don't know what hands the rest of the table have.

40% is against 2 random hands, obviously you need to apply for range, so it's going to be lower.

I'm not justifying villain's play, I'd have folded if I was him. However, now i know my odds, I might start jamming!
penko910
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:37 am
I actually fist pumped after the flop. FML!!

oneshotbob
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:50 pm
smoothcallz
Straight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:46 pm
Sick read.. sick beats.. tho thankfully not for me this time Smile Smile

Chat was stopped by then.. so neither of them knew how lucky/unlucky each of them were
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 80 of 87

Jump to: