Goto page Previous  1, 2 View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundance
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
If you want a decent, affordable steak then Outback FTW!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
knifeboy62 wrote:
ideal range would be $75-$150 per head. $200 per head for exceptional ok too. $2 + coupons help not required Very Happy

I'm guessing the Flamingo buffet, Dennys and Outback weren't what he had in mind then...

Whilst there are plenty of good choices on/off strip for good value, that wasn't exactly the remit?

As money isn't really a consideration, you may squeeze under the radar in Picasso or L'Atelier if tasting menus are your thing. Otherwise, would simply go to a decent steakhouse (all steakhouses cover a decent seafood selection too) such as Prime,(Bellagio) SW (Wynn) or Craftsteak (MGM) and without giving the wine menu a battering, you will be well within range.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:29 am
Joe The Elegance Beevers wrote:
If you have people in your party that have never been to Vegas before then try Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris and make sure you get a table outside on the terrace so you can watch (and cool down from) the fountains at the Bellagio opposite.
http://www.monamigabi.com/vegas

If you have been to Vegas many times and just want a great restaurant then try Ferraro's.
http://www.ferraroslasvegas.com/
I would love a restaurant like that closer to home.

For cocktails and views try the Voodoo lounge at the Rio.

For Downtown style, and one of Mrs B's favourites, Hugos is superb but go with an empty stomach and order the hot rocks.
http://www.hugoscellar.com/

Mrs B is dead right - just came back from Hugo's Cellar and cannot recommend it too highly. Great food and really friendly staff. Hot rocks was big hit with us and I can't remember having better veal. If you are in Vegas, go there. It is now a fixture on my rotation.

Thanks so much for recommendation, I would never have found by myself.

Ps. Julian Serrano at Aria is surprisingly good too. Very loud in restaurant because of layout but Tapas is very nicely prepared and presented.
robsmith82
High Card

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:00 am
I can highly recommend TAO at the Venetian. I ate there 2 weeks ago and had some of the best asian food I have ever eaten. Add to this the great atmosphere and you're all set.
knifeboy62
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:48 pm
Joe The Elegance Beevers wrote:
If you have people in your party that have never been to Vegas before then try Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris and make sure you get a table outside on the terrace so you can watch (and cool down from) the fountains at the Bellagio opposite.
http://www.monamigabi.com/vegas

If you have been to Vegas many times and just want a great restaurant then try Ferraro's.
http://www.ferraroslasvegas.com/
I would love a restaurant like that closer to home.

For cocktails and views try the Voodoo lounge at the Rio.

For Downtown style, and one of Mrs B's favourites, Hugos is superb but go with an empty stomach and order the hot rocks.
http://www.hugoscellar.com/

Just got back a couple of days ago and here's my final verdict.

Hugo's Cellar : 10/10 - wonderful food and really friendly service. It will now be a permanent fixture every time Mrs Knifeboy and I go back.

Ferraro's : 9/10 - starter was in my top three of all time and the wine list is fantastic for the size of the place.

Mon Ami Gabi: 7/10 - does what it says on the tin but go for the view rather than the food, which is fine but nothing to post about.

All in all great recommendations and I would never have found 2 out of 3. Thanks Joe and to all other who chipped in. We never went to Outback steakhouse surprisingly enough Smile

Extra shout out too for Julian Serrano Tapas in Aria - very nicely done food.
thegrimble
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:50 am
nice one, me and the missus going in November so will definitely be checking some of the these out.
thegrimble
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:53 am
Just got back from Vegas as well with our peg and had some great meals out. Really enjoyed Cut at Palazzo again and Olives at Bellagio has a great view over the fountains.

Also went to Hugo's Cellar on the back of Joe and Kinfeboy's comments and the missus loved it. The sommelier from Leeds was a top man and I can see why some Americans get the size they are, the portions are huge! The salad you get made at the table was immense!

Service at all places was excellent as always (especially Hugo's) and just makes me think what restaurants in our country could be like if only it was the same.

Can't wait to get back soon. Very Happy
_doubleup
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:06 pm
thegrimble wrote:
The sommelier from Leeds was a top man

yes John is absolutely first class - we don't look at the wine list anymore and just ask him to choose and are never disappointed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: