Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mob
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Late Night Poker Classic Hand #1 - Series V Grand Final - Korosh Nejad V Joe Beevers

If you have the Queens here do you think it is correct to call, raise or to fold and why?

Prize money is:
1st 50,000
2nd 21,000
3rd 10,500
4th 5,000
5th 4,500
6th 3,500
7th 3,000
8th 2,500

Result of Late Night Poker V
Saturday 27 April 2002 - Channel 4
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=7521
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Easy call for me. Viki should have any 2, Jac has kindly added value to the pot and Koresh could easily have quite a wide range. Love the hand replayer btw Very Happy
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:02 pm
This is when I first saw Joe on telly, he bounded out of his seat if I recall.
Personally for me its 50/50 so I use my lucky 2 coin in that situation. Heads=fold, Tails=call.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:04 pm
5 handed and pocket queens, it's a call for me.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:39 pm
i will be the one that looks an idiot. I would probably of folded and preserved my chip lead. I would fancy that koresh has AK min and that i would not gamble in a possibly 4 way pot even though 1 is obv def folding. Its hard to see how koresh can shove less than AK but i have never heard of him so could be wrong.i would let him hopefully take out viki and take a big chunk out of arama with a pretty lame call.

I am not sure i would take this line every time and it really comes down to what i can extend koreshs range to too.
fraac
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:01 pm
Fold for 1/4 of 85k or call and win for 1/2 of 85k or call and lose for 1/11... oh but... eh, I don't maths. It's a shove.

daz: koresh can have Kx here. Seriously. Although I doubt SNG standards are that good in early televised poker.
Jackdaw
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:21 pm
As another poster has pointed out, Vicki's range is wide and so is Koresh's, it's a call for me.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:23 pm
Am i missing something? Why is koreshs range big?Is he that bad?
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:26 pm
darrensprengers wrote:

If he can isolate Viki he's putting in 3200 to win 9400, when she could have ATC.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:34 pm
Matt101 wrote:
darrensprengers wrote:

If he can isolate Viki he's putting in 3200 to win 9400, when she could have ATC.

But he can only win what viki can win and risks quadrupling her up. This does not make tournament sense. ATC for a women will usually be ace something. So with jac arama committing 3.5k of his will be short stack koreshs feels he can gamble that he has the image to make arama fold all small pairs up to what he would shove with and KJ, KQ, QJ etc and assuming he will not put him on this "steal". I am gonna re-read a poker book or two i think i have mis-read a thing or two.

he has to fancy arama will call but joe wakes up with QQ. Knowing Arama Must call for nealry all koreshs chips must put him on a low percentage hand surely? he onlky has 600 invested.
OwenP
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:46 pm
Isn't Jac's calling range more important? Because this obviously affects what Koresh can shove here.

darrensprengers wrote:
So with jac arama committing 3.5k of his will be short stack koreshs feels he can gamble that he has the image to make arama fold all small pairs up to what he would shove with and KJ, KQ, QJ etc and assuming he will not put him on this "steal".

Why would Jac shove the top end of his range when Viki goes all-in for ~3BBs? If he does that then Koresh or Joe can never make a move on him so he loses value.

darrensprengers wrote:

ATC for a women will usually be ace something.

LOL
fraac
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:47 pm
If Koresh's shove is strong we have to assume Arama's call is weak and K thinks he'll likely pass, imo. K's range shifts up from what it should be (Kx+) because I don't respect his game. I still think Joe should call because the payout says it's really all about 1st.
Jackdaw
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 pm
darrensprengers wrote:

Embarassed Actually Darren, not you misssing something it's me, I missed that Jac had called so I take that back...
Alex B
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 pm
It's the third best hand in hold'em, 5-handed, with only 17x blinds in play, after a line that doesn't preclude Koresh having 99 or worse, and almost half a stack 'dead' extra chips most of the time. I think its a call.
OwenP
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:53 pm
All we need to do is establish what sort of ranges Jac and Koresh have, then run it through an ICM calculator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: