Goto page Previous  1, 2 View previous topic :: View next topic  
whammer
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
direct football is mostly counterattack with men behind the ball mostly in my 40 years watching live football from the terraces. not always but mostly. if you had massive posession, you could mix your game up more and actually try playing it on the deck. that does take place outside of the reebok you know.

nolan - leg breaking tackle and elbow in last year/last week. you post a clip of bowyer back in the day and no brummie or hammer has seen anything like his old self. a good squad buy for us generally, just too expansive a salary for a squad player.

bellamy now behaves mostly and is about the most on form player in the prem.

never seen neill dirty since he started playing for us. he's not a great player but dirty? do you watch games? there are times a rash tackle would have suited me as the boy 'coasts' a hell of a lot and has recently raised his game due to contract mostly finished or actually performing for the new manager. i choose option one and would ship him but never dirty in recent years.

bolton had the first twenty minutes (expected - we start apallingly, did you see boro?) then controlled the next seventy without finishing (our weakest part by far at present)

i would still never ever swap and people that like to watch real football on the deck wouldn't shed tears seeing bolton, stoke, wigan type teams drop.

then again, i just watch hundreds of games and take in opinion of people around me. you the same i take it fatshaft and checkov or mostly richard keys and andy gray?

opinion - it's great innit Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
whammer wrote:
direct football is mostly counterattack with men behind the ball mostly in my 40 years watching live football from the terraces. not always but mostly.
Well, you've just completely redefined direct football. So arsenal play direct football?

Must admit I've never heard counter-attacking being called direct football, in fact counter attacking is probably called, well, I suppose, counter attacking?

whammer wrote:

bolton had the first twenty minutes (expected - we start apallingly, did you see boro?) then controlled the next seventy without finishing (our weakest part by far at present)

i would still never ever swap and people that like to watch real football on the deck wouldn't shed tears seeing bolton, stoke, wigan type teams drop.
Well you're not watching Bolton then, Megson has them playing football on the deck aas you'll have seen on Saturday, or would have if you didn't have some pre-conceived ideas about long ball football that Allardyce played.

whammer wrote:
then again, i just watch hundreds of games and take in opinion of people around me. you the same i take it fatshaft and checkov or mostly richard keys and andy gray?

No I have to say I'm not. I make my mind up for myself, but I do understand that you've just taken the cliched views of the many on Bolton without actually looking for yourself. As I've said already, Allardyce Bolton, and Megson Bolton against teams outside the top 6 are very different beasts indeed. In fact one of the biggest indicators of that is Kevin Davies scoring record this season, no longer is he the target of long punts up the park, so now he can actually get on the end of passes and crosses instead of just being a better version of Emile Heskey that has to knock on to someone else.
whammer
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:49 pm
fatshaft wrote:
whammer wrote:
direct football is mostly counterattack with men behind the ball mostly in my 40 years watching live football from the terraces. not always but mostly.
Well, you've just completely redefined direct football. So arsenal play direct football?

Must admit I've never heard counter-attacking being called direct football, in fact counter attacking is probably called, well, I suppose, counter attacking?

whammer wrote:

Well you're not watching Bolton then, Megson has them playing football on the deck aas you'll have seen on Saturday, or would have if you didn't have some pre-conceived ideas about long ball football that Allardyce played.

whammer wrote:

No I have to say I'm not. I make my mind up for myself, but I do understand that you've just taken the cliched views of the many on Bolton without actually looking for yourself. As I've said already, Allardyce Bolton, and Megson Bolton against teams outside the top 6 are very different beasts indeed. In fact one of the biggest indicators of that is Kevin Davies scoring record this season, no longer is he the target of long punts up the park, so now he can actually get on the end of passes and crosses instead of just being a better version of Emile Heskey that has to knock on to someone else.

you can have many forms of counterattack and the longball when backs against the wall, is but one of many. your over analysis and trying to tie me down to comparing bolton to arsenal is the stuff of kids mate, quite frankly.

i've seen every bolton game at UP over the years and then rely heavily on sky thereafter. like many. i just see the lives games as well (unlike the majority)

we'll agree to disagree and i don't really go down the stalker/spend my life making a point route usually.

ask a neutral for what style of football will be missed the most if bolton and west ham both got relegated this season and it's strange why everyone outside of some bolton supporters see them as long ball, defensive and aggressive and people outside and inside west ham see us as attempting to play football the right way. do the math as someone once said. Wink

i admire your loyalty to your club. truly. it's what seperates english football from most bland shit and fickleness around. in football, in many things.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:20 pm
whammer wrote:

you can have many forms of counterattack and the longball when backs against the wall, is but one of many. your over analysis and trying to tie me down to comparing bolton to arsenal is the stuff of kids mate, quite frankly.
I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort, merely pointing out that your definition of long ball would make Arsenal a long ball team.

whammer wrote:
i've seen every bolton game at UP over the years and then rely heavily on sky thereafter. like many. i just see the lives games as well (unlike the majority)
Like I say, that was then, you clearly didn;t watch last weeks game if you think Bolton played any form of long ball football.

whammer wrote:
people outside and inside west ham see us as attempting to play football the right way. do the math as someone once said. Wink
Ah yes, the fall back of the Hammer, playing football the right way. Didn't you guys win the world cup as well? Laughing
whammer
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:48 pm
fatshaft wrote:
whammer wrote:

I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort, merely pointing out that your definition of long ball would make Arsenal a long ball team.

whammer wrote:
Like I say, that was then, you clearly didn;t watch last weeks game if you think Bolton played any form of long ball football.

whammer wrote:
people outside and inside west ham see us as attempting to play football the right way. do the math as someone once said. Wink
Ah yes, the fall back of the Hammer, playing football the right way. Didn't you guys win the world cup as well? Laughing

Wink Smile indeed - the ace my my sleeve

be lucky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 am
whammer wrote:

never seen neill dirty since he started playing for us. he's not a great player but dirty? do you watch games?
<cough>

dezza666
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:25 am
There were a few bad tackles in that game - looked like a bad-tempered game (8 yellows, 2 red) but MOTD glossed over it a little bit - highlighting Neill, Parker, Cattermole and the unfortunate Cole.

That 12 year old ref needs to be sent back to school - obviously can't control a game of football at this level yet.
whammer
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:57 pm
neill has upped his game and aggression of late as his contracts nearly up. not a good tackle last night but i saw a whole season of coasting from the fella last season. not running at 50% of late that's why i'd ship him.

if you're dragging up one incident to try to cover everything, i'm sure i could link a cracking zamora goal. that wouldn't mean fulham fans like the fella though, would it ....

referee a clown

brown the worst of the bunch - trying to get cole sent off (and succeeding) for an offence that warranted a stern word. it all went pear shaped after that average cheats input.

be lucky
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: