Goto page Previous  1, 2 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Funny how this comes out now, Real Madrid the master manipulators at it again.
Whu4life
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
In before lucious sweet this will be another thread argument between him and weebaws Very Happy Question is will these two be friends before benitez goes? Laughing
sundance
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:33 pm
Apologies to anyone I have offended with insults towards Lucious, I've just always hated glory-hunters and plastic scousers

If its boring I'll leave him alone now...but its too easy! Just kidding

Wink
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:34 pm
Whu4life wrote:
In before lucious sweet this will be another thread argument between him and weebaws Very Happy Question is will these two be friends before benitez goes? Laughing

I keep offering the olive branch Whu4life!

Looks like we've got a few weeks until Benitez jumps ship. Or whenever the second leg ends.
fatshaft
Quads

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:45 pm
Checkov wrote:
I doubt they'd be lumping a serious wedge with the British bookies to start a rumour though.
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:52 pm
fatshaft wrote:
Checkov wrote:
I doubt they'd be lumping a serious wedge with the British bookies to start a rumour though.

+1.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:18 pm
sundance wrote:
Apologies to anyone I have offended with insults towards Lucious, I've just always hated glory-hunters and plastic scousers

Wink

New from Hamley's Direct?
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:08 pm
Premier League - Bookies: Benitez to go by Sunday
Eurosport - Wed, 25 Feb 17:34:00 2009

Bookmakers have suspended betting on the next Premier League boss to leave his job after a huge amount of money was placed on Rafael Benitez to be the ninth manager to go this season.

More StoriesTeam News: Gerrard doubt
VIDEO: 'Massive' game for Real
Champions League photo gallery
On Tuesday night the Spaniard was a 20/1 outsider to be next out of his job, but an enormous flurry of betting activity saw the price cut to evens before the markets were suspended at 9.30 on Wednesday morning.

"We are slightly jumpy after being turned over by the recent 'Weymouth coup'," said William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams. "But the level of interest on Rafa getting the sack is unprecedented.

"We would be very surprised if Rafa is still the Liverpool boss by midnight on Sunday."

But leading Spanish journalist Guillem Balague, who is a personal friend of Benitez, moved quickly to dismiss claims the Liverpool boss is about to be axed.

On his website, Balague wrote: "There are reports that betting has been suspended on this particular market and the rumour that Benitez will be gone has spread like wildfire around the Liverpool supporters out here in Madrid and on the internet.

"If I am honest, I am not entirely comfortable indulging in these stories at the moment as there is so much misinformation being spread around that it is impossible to respond accurately to every single report or rumour.

"However, because of the number of people who are getting in touch with us, I feel I should respond.

"I can say with absolute certainty, categorically, that Rafa Benitez will not be sacked as manager of Liverpool this evening and that these rumours are not true.

"At the moment, the situation is delicate, and there have been developments with regard to the ongoing contractual negotiations at Anfield, and this is something that we will discuss later."

The Reds visit Real Madrid on Wednesday night for the first leg of their last-16 Champions League encounter with the Spanish champions - and should they get knocked out, Benitez faces the reality of a trophy-less season.

After setting the pace for several months earlier in the season, Liverpool now trail Manchester United by seven points in the league following a disappointing 1-1 draw at home to Manchester City.

Since bringing in the new year at the top of the table, Benitez has since watched his side drop points against City, Stoke, Wigan and Everton, who also knocked them out of the FA Cup a few weeks ago.

Benitez's now-infamous outburst towards Sir Alex Ferguson just before the goalless draw at Stoke prompted many to question whether the Spanish manager could handle the pressure of a genuine title challenge.

Early betting markets on a potential successor quote Kenny Dalglish as 3/1 favourite to take over at Anfield, with Jose Mourinho at 10/1.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:29 pm
sundance wrote:

Wink

You're not that bad for a chelsea fan. Mad Wink
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:45 pm
1921: "It's not good for anyone, what's happening at Liverpool. The contract thing has been going on for years and years and at any other top club it would have been finished ages ago."
BBC Radio 5 Live's Mark Lawrenson
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:07 pm
WeeBaws wrote:
1921: "It's not good for anyone, what's happening at Liverpool. The contract thing has been going on for years and years and at any other top club it would have been finished ages ago."
BBC Radio 5 Live's Mark Lawrenson

He is right, Rafa would have been sacked.
Rmaccov
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:45 pm
Someone made the point earlier you wouldn't get SAF talking about his contract during the business end of the season. All it does it start rumours and potentially unsettle players/fans/etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: