Goto page Previous  1, 2 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:41 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
The Liverpool game was typical of their luck (no defence) of late, so near yet so far.
Rmaccov
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:23 am
How can the chairman come out 7 days ago and say Adams' job is safe and the club need to pull together, then they get really unlucky vs one of the best teams in the country, and all of a sudden he's sacked?

So when the chairman said his job was safe, he meant it's only safe if they beat Liverpool? Oh and how they play doesn't matter, if Liverpool win Adams must go.

I hope they go down. I hate clubs that panic and sack managers without giving them a chance. Look at clubs like Man U, Everton, Arsenal (until this season but it's probably a one off) and Charlton under Curbishley. Stability ftw imo.
Rmaccov
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:37 am
I forgot to say it do think it's strange Adams got the job in the first place, given his lack of managerial pedigree. But if you give him the job he has to get longer than 3 months.
BugsBunny
Legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:25 am
Agree with everything Rmaccov said.

Also, he had to make-do with losing some of the key players as well.

Pompey to go down imo
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:39 am
Murph1984 wrote:
Just hope he doesnt turn to the drink under all the pressure and failure Shocked

wont have to worry about being under pressure anymore, except being under pressure to decide what to do with his pay off money.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:51 pm
The Dean wrote:
Murph1984 wrote:
Just hope he doesnt turn to the drink under all the pressure and failure Shocked

wont have to worry about being under pressure anymore, except being under pressure to decide what to do with his pay off money.

I'd be surprised if he got any tbh. Although i haven't been reading the story etc, but i thought most EPL clubs get contracts water tight these days to avoid big pay-offs, especially when it looks like a risk, which in Adams, it was......
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:51 pm
BugsBunny wrote:
The Dean wrote:
Murph1984 wrote:

I'd be surprised if he got any tbh. Although i haven't been reading the story etc, but i thought most EPL clubs get contracts water tight these days to avoid big pay-offs, especially when it looks like a risk, which in Adams, it was......

Maybe your right Bugs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:09 pm
Indestructable wrote:
I am hoping that he can turn it around, but to some extent he took over a mess left by Harry. (City 6 Pompey 0)

wat?
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:15 pm
Having a fire sale inflicted on you then having players like Distin unable to kick a ball on Sat and he's not got much chance.
Reckon he'll stick to being a Number 2 now. Although mayeb there is a role as a defensive coach back home for big Tone.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 pm
DropTheHammer wrote:
Indestructable wrote:
I am hoping that he can turn it around, but to some extent he took over a mess left by Harry. (City 6 Pompey 0)

wat?

Man City beat Pompey 6-0, worst performance this year in the Prem and they were managed by Harry at the time. In the following game they lost 4-0 to Chelsea.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:59 am
Whu4life
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:34 am
DropTheHammer wrote:
Indestructable wrote:

wat?

Plus harry totally overspent in transfer fees and wages during his time hence the 35m sales of defoe and diarra and only 5m of that being spent the rest will be to balance the books same as what we had to do at westham but i fear your team could be for the drop this season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: