View previous topic :: View next topic  
caesars sports lounge
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:30 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
In a recent game I witnessed a hand that involved 2 players to the river, the river was checked by both players and one announced straight, the other pushed forward his cards towards the dealer but then said hang on I have a flush. The dealer said sorry the hand is mucked,please can you tell me if the hand is dead.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:33 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Is he still pushing the hand across or has this actually been mucked ie mixed with the other cards? If definitely mucked then dealer correct.
Alex Scott
Trips

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:41 am
Yes, but if the players cards did not touch the muck, then he is perfectly entitled to retrieve his hand and win the pot.

In fact, even if his cards did touch the muck, but were still easily distinguishable / retrievable, I think the spirit of the rules should allow him to win the pot. It sounds like an honest mistake and honest mistakes should not be punished in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:08 am
Muck them for being a douche.
Alex B
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:39 am
If the opponent actually had a straight then this player's cards should not be retrieved from the muck; since there was no angle shooting a mucked hand must be dead to maintain integrity in the rules.

If his hand hasn't yet reached the muck I think it can be tabled since mucking is a courtesy to that player- in theory the default was to show it anyway. I think this sounds like something that would need to be refered to printed house rules though.
AJPoker
Straight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:47 am
If it hasn't hit the muck it is still live. However, some card rooms here have that dumb rule about the line determining when a hand is still live. But only when they decide to enforce it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: