Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Jon 'Skalie' Kalmar with his huge stack. The pale orange chips at the front, cunningly disguised as 5ks, are actually 25ks. Not the best choice of colours for consecutive denominations!

If he goes on to win, Britney Spears could be wearing Jon Kalmar t-shirts a week from now. Photoshop anyone?

Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Scott wrote:
Any news on Julian Gardner

also Humberto Brenes

joewhu1 wrote:
Antone know how gus hansen is getting on?

avsfan91 wrote:
Any news on Bart Hanson or Carlos Mortensen? Thanks

Regarding Julian Gardner, his table was broken and I've been unable to find him since. However, I have not heard that he's out.

Regarding the others, as we are only allowed inside the ropes for 15 minutes at a time now that they are in the money, we are going to be concentrating on the progress of the British and Irish players. We will try to keep you updated about other notables as best we can, but we can't promise much.
mullacott
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
Could you tell me how Neil Channing is getting on please.
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:42 pm
Jac Arama wasn't in his seat when I went to photograph him. I've just found out he was eliminated in 272nd place. I expect the $45,422 prize money will be no consolation to him as he was desperate to win this one when I spoke to him yesterday. Bad luck Jac, it was a great effort.
avsfan91
Trips

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:43 pm
Carlos is from Madrid so if you could keep an eye on him.
-NIGHTMARE-PEZ
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:47 pm
I recognise Jon Kalmar, think he goes to wigan athletic matches.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:50 pm
If Friday 13th brings bad luck to regular people then, if there's any justice in the world, it should be the one day of respite for people who get unlucky every other day of the year. Serial unfortunate Neil 'Bad Beat' Channing has what looks like almost 500k in chips after cracking aces with jacks earlier.

Schwobble
Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:54 pm
That's a superb angle Rob - he looks like he's got horns Twisted Evil
Schwobble
Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:56 pm
avsfan91 wrote:
Carlos is from Madrid so if you could keep an eye on him.

Yeah, make sure he doesn't take the money and run off to Los Angeles Laughing
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:59 pm
Englishman David Wells, aka Deejay on Betfair Poker, looks like he has around 350k in chips.

mullacott
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:12 pm
Reporter wrote:
If Friday 13th brings bad luck to regular people then, if there's any justice in the world, it should be the one day of respite for people who get unlucky every other day of the year. Serial unfortunate Neil 'Bad Beat' Channing has what looks like almost 500k in chips after cracking aces with jacks earlier.

Thank you.
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:19 pm
Adam Noone informs me that the 25k chips are officially "salmon" in colour, thereby bringing a whole new meaning to the phrase "Got any salmon? Sorted!"

Adam has two stacks of orange and a solitary salmon: 225k. His previous table was broken so he's no longer next to Gus Hansen.

Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:22 pm
They have just moved up the money. The remaining 225 players are guaranteed $51,398, enough to enter next year's HORSE championship, Jack Effel helpfully informs them.

The level has just ended too. Blinds will be 5k/10k with a 1k running ante after the break.
DeadMoneyDad
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 pm
What is the story on Karlo Lopez?

Almost no news or hand reports on him and he goes from 263k to 1,800,000?

There has to be a story there somewhere?
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:28 pm
DeadMoneyDad wrote:
What is the story on Karlo Lopez?

Almost no news or hand reports on him and he goes from 263k to 1,800,000?

There has to be a story there somewhere?

I suspect the story is that someone added an extra zero to his chip count.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: