Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

A short stacked Don O`Dea watches a rather more comfortable Minh Ly throw in his cards.
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:12 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
No details I'm afraid but Joe is out Sad
mouser
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:36 am
Request for Day 2B tomorrow

Would really appreciate if you could get a picture of Rick Tocchet tomorrow. He'll enter the day short stacked at 17k so may not last long.

backgound:

Tocchet has been the center of some interesting controversy in North America. He put in 18 years in the NHL as a very good player. Later became an assistant coach under Wayne Gretzky for the Phoenix NHL team until being suspended 18 months ago when indicted for involvement in a gambling ring that took bets from people including Wayne's wife Janet Jones.

Tocchet plea bargained and plead guilty last month to minor gambling conspiracy charges that are expected to probably get just probation for him. With his sentencing coming up in a month and assuming he'll ask the NHL to re-instate him afterward, he's now in Vegas gambling at the WSOP. Probably not the smartest decision before sentencing on a gambling charge and asking your employer to let you come back to work.

Some serious cajones to play the WSOP.

links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Tocchet
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2882460
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:52 am
We are trying to get photos of as many players as possible so can't promise anything for one in particular. If he lasts the first couple of hours will definitely check on his progress though. I will try and remember to check his table and get a pic before that.
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:55 am

Play is about to end for the night, Adam took a hit just before the break and is down to 130K - a little below average. He has Diego Cordovez on his left with a very large stack - 300K+
mouser
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:00 am
Robert wrote:
We are trying to get photos of as many players as possible so can't promise anything for one in particular. If he lasts the first couple of hours will definitely check on his progress though. I will try and remember to check his table and get a pic before that.

Much appreciated. It's a very strange story in the US/Canada.
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:27 am

Whilst those around him sleep he continues to accumulate - Willie Tann
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:37 am

Mr Duthie is also 'doing well'
Reporter
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:08 am

Don and Keith still in.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:11 pm
Is Joe still in, last post didn't look good.

Sad
big gus
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Indestructable wrote:

Sad

Robert said no earlier....but Pokernews says he survived.

Any news, anyone?
Joe The Elegance Beevers
Mobster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:59 pm
Indestructable wrote:

Sad

No, unfortunately I am out. I had a very strange day and at one point managed to get up to nearly 140,000 after being on a bit of a rollercoaster. I lost most of my chips with AQ versus JQ. A player who had been raising frequently made a slightly oversized raise and a player that had been calling preflop frequently called. I looked down to see AQ offsuit on the big blind and made a raise which was about half of their stack (they had simlar chips and I had them both covered). OR called. Flop J72, I set him in, he called and rolled over JhQh - I had seen him pass AK preflop previously! Shocked I then lost the last few thousand in what was effect an evens shot with AhJh against pocket 3s who called. I was eliminated just before the end of level 4 about 10.30pm.

I believe that Adam Noone is still in and Neil was going well when I left.

I may be on Poker Week TV tonight with Tony 'Tikay' Kendall from their suite at the MGM overlooking the strip before I fly home tomorrow.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:10 pm
Unlucky Joe.
Sad

Must admit I had already spent my bet winnings in my head. Oh well. Rolling Eyes

Don't forget to mention to Tikay that it was a Hendon Mob Mod that was the first ever Sky guest tourney winner on Monday night!
Wink
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:49 pm
Unlucky Joe,

When is Shaundead playing?
Might have missed it if its been said.
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:53 pm
Steve50 wrote:
When is Shaundead playing?
Might have missed it if its been said.

Shaun's dead, I'm afraid. Dave Russell made a great start on Day 1A, up to 60k in the first level, but he didn't make it through the day. I'm not sure how he busted, but hopefully he will post it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: